- PRACTICE AREAS
- CLIENT INDUSTRIES
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
Mert F. Buckley
Mert Buckley has practiced real estate and commercial law with Adams Jones since 1977. He has negotiated and closed transactions for clients acquiring, selling, or leasing many types of properties, including office, multi-family, industrial and retail properties. His experience ranges from hotels, shopping centers, medical offices, mobile home parks and churches to doughnut shops, office buildings, and a country club and golf course.
He has also represented local and national lenders for many years. This work includes loan documentation and closing loan transactions. He also represents lenders in commercial foreclosures of income-producing properties and has written and spoken on this subject for state and local bar organizations.
Mert’s practice also encompasses construction work, including recovery of claims for contractors under mechanics’ liens.
- Represented hotel developer of five major franchised hotels ranging from $7M to $12.5M.
- Assisted real estate broker to comply with new state licensing act and broker laws (Brokers Relationship in Real Estate Transaction Act).
- Aided client in approval of first Community Improvement District property under construction in Wichita.
- Represented more than a half dozen medical offices to relocate and build new offices.
- Assisted purchaser of non-performing and other troubled loans from failed institutions and similar sources.
- Represented lenders in commercial foreclosures of office buildings, residential building lots, and other commercial properties.
Representative Client Industries
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Brokers
- Commercial Lending
- Real Estate
- Commercial Law
- University of Kansas, B.A., 1974
- Washburn University, J.D., 1977
- Best Lawyers In America©, listed in Real Estate
- Best Lawyers© “2011 Lawyer of the Year”, listed in Real Estate Law-Wichita, KS
- Top 100 Attorneys in Kansas/Missouri Super Lawyers Missouri & Kansas, Listed
- Legal 500 U.S. 2010, listed for “expertise in real estate”
- AV® Preeminent ™ rating, Martindale Hubbell
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Wichita Bar Association (President, 1994-95)
- Kansas Bar Association (Executive Committee, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Section, past member)
- Wichita State University Center for Real Estate -Advisory Board Member
- American Bar Association
- Rotary Club, Downtown Wichita (Vice-President, 1994-95)
- Kansas Annual Survey (1989-present, chapter co-author in annual commentary on recent real estate cases and statutes) by Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas Real Estate Practice and Procedure Handbook (chapter co-author on Mortgages and Conventional Real Estate Lending and chapter co-author on Mechanics' Liens) by Kansas Bar Association