- PRACTICE AREAS
- CLIENT INDUSTRIES
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
Sabrina K. Standifer
Sabrina Standifer works in the areas of business and real estate. Sabrina has extensive experience drafting and negotiating commercial leases with national and local tenants and resolving tenant disputes. She has also been involved in numerous commercial property development projects such as hotels, office parks and shopping centers from acquisition of the property through construction and completion of the project, providing assistance with financing, title, survey, environmental and construction issues.
In addition, her transactional practice includes drafting and negotiating contracts, such as commercial real estate purchase and sale agreements, restrictive covenants, asset purchase and stock purchase agreements for buyers and sellers of businesses, employment agreements, employee handbooks and stock option agreements. She assists clients with forming new companies by preparing corporation formation documents as well as limited liability company operating agreements. Sabrina represents lenders in preparing loan documents and secured transaction agreements, as well as Uniform Commercial Code filings. She has also represented contractors in negotiating construction contracts and filing mechanics’ liens.
Since 2006 she has been Chairwoman of the Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission, a bipartisan, nine-member board charged with administering, interpreting and enforcing the Campaign Finance Act and laws relating to conflict of interests, financial disclosure and the regulation of lobbying. Prior to law school, Sabrina served two terms as a State Representative in the Kansas House of Representatives (1993-97).
- Represented restaurant franchisee in purchasing multiple franchise locations.
- Represented floor plan finance companies providing financing to dealerships nationwide.
- Represented multiple homeowners’ associations in governance issues, assessment collections and covenant enforcement.
Representative Client Industries
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Lending
- Floor Plan Financing
- Homeowners’ Associations
- Real Estate
- Commercial Law
- Employment Law
- Wichita State University, B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1984
- Washburn University, J.D., magna cum laude, 1999
- Editor-in-Chief, Washburn Law Journal
- Best Lawyers In America©, listed in Real Estate
- Super Lawyers Missouri & Kansas
- Rising Star 2008, 2009
- BV® Distinguished™ rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Washburn Law School Alumni Association Board of Governors VicePresident (Member 2004-2010)
- Wichita Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas Women Attorneys Association
- American Bar Association
- Wichita Women Attorneys Association (former President)
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Kansas Annual Survey (2006-2010, chapter co-author in annual commentary on recent real estate cases and statutes) by Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas Real Estate Practice and Procedure Handbook (chapter coauthor on Mortgages and Conventional Real Estate Lending) by Kansas Bar Association